South Carolina's Dave Odom and Renaldo Balkman received much deserved honors today from their peers…
USC 73, Navy 40 Notes And Quotes
Don DeVoe, Navy: "My team said it all. We are outmanned against the caliber of a team like South Carolina. It's always tough for us against an SEC team. We don't have anyone to keep up with their players. Hopefully our team will learn something from this. It was good for us and we'll prepare for our next game on Monday. South Carolina did a job being the aggressor and playing solid defense. Jeff Charles is our point guard and is the best we have at controlling the basketball. It's a credit to South Carolina's defense on what they were able to do to him (11 turnovers). He made some bad ball handling mistakes."
South Carolina vs. Navy
- The 33 point victory for Carolina is the largest since South Carolina defeated Ball State 82-47 in the final game at the Carolina Coliseum on March 21st, 2002.
- The 40 points that Navy scored is the lowest point total for an USC opponent since Maryland scored 31 on January 9, 1970. (Maryland 31-30)
- Carolina's 20 steals tied Carolina's single game record. The record tied the mark that was set on December 30, 2001 against Mercer and Lenoir-Rhyne on December 2, 1961. The 30 turnovers were the most ever by a Carolina opponent.
- Last year, Tarence Kinsey scored 43 points in 20 games. In the three games this season, Kinsey has scored 49 points.
- Carlos Powell's 11 points marked the 32nd time that he has scored in double figures in his career.
- Mike Boynton scored 15 points for a career high. It was also the 8th time that he has ever scored in double digits.
- Sheldon Everett's scored his first ever points and also tallied his first career assist.
- The Gamecocks had five players score in double figures. It marks the second time this year at least five players scored in double figures. (6 against Gardner Webb on November 17, 2003.
GamecockPride.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More