Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
USC 73, Navy 40 Notes And Quotes
Posted Nov 22, 2003
Dave Odom, South Carolina: "We are very, very pleased with this win. And very pleased with our defense. We needed some time to get untracked offensively. Once we did, I thought we did pretty well. We need some work against a zone. We need to improve there. I look at our team and ask--what's this team all about? Our defense has been pretty good. But, it should be ...
The caliber of competition is not what we'll see in the future. But, hopefully, we will keep knocking at the door and develop into a pretty good defensive team. Jarod (Gerald) got his game going tonight on the defensive end.
did a good job as far as playing hard each time down the court. Mike Boynton was 4-7 from three point range; that's pretty good. Everything he does he makes it count. We're playing with confidence on defense. That helps us come up with a lot of deflections and blocked shots. The water gets deeper now and the sharks get more ferocious now. Southwest
State will provide an extremely stiff challenge."
"My team said it all. We are outmanned against the caliber of a team like
. It's always tough for us against an SEC team. We don't have anyone to keep up with their players. Hopefully our team will learn something from this. It was good for us and we'll prepare for our next game on Monday. South Carolina did a job being the aggressor and playing solid defense.
is our point guard and is the best we have at controlling the basketball. It's a credit to South Carolina's defense on what they were able to do to him (11 turnovers). He made some bad ball handling mistakes."
South Carolina vs. Navy
- The 33 point victory for Carolina is the largest since South Carolina defeated Ball State 82-47 in the final game at the Carolina Coliseum on March 21st, 2002.
- The 40 points that Navy scored is the lowest point total for an USC opponent since Maryland scored 31 on January 9, 1970. (Maryland 31-30)
- Carolina's 20 steals tied Carolina's single game record. The record tied the mark that was set on December 30, 2001 against Mercer and Lenoir-Rhyne on December 2, 1961. The 30 turnovers were the most ever by a Carolina opponent.
- Last year, Tarence Kinsey scored 43 points in 20 games. In the three games this season, Kinsey has scored 49 points.
- Carlos Powell's 11 points marked the 32nd time that he has scored in double figures in his career.
- Mike Boynton scored 15 points for a career high. It was also the 8th time that he has ever scored in double digits.
- Sheldon Everett's scored his first ever points and also tallied his first career assist.
- The Gamecocks had five players score in double figures. It marks the second time this year at least five players scored in double figures. (6 against Gardner Webb on November 17, 2003.
Odom, Balkman, Receive SEC Major Honors
Mar 10, 2004
USC wins Canadian Opener by 40 points
Oct 14, 2004
Gamecocks Still Holding On
Nov 24, 2003
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from GamecockPride.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > Laurinburg Institute > Alumni
Basketball > South Carolina
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft