More notes from Lou's press conference verbatim plus notes from a couple of the players worth…
09/02 USC Football Notes and Quotes
* During the indoor practice session, a pair of players - nose tackle Natron Scott and wide receiver Andre Hemphill both suffered ankle sprains. They will be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
* Comments from Head coach Lou Holtz: "I thought our players responded well today in practice. We had some disruptions due to the weather, but their intensity was good and their focus was sharp. Virginia poses a lot of problems for us. I'm not sure if we can move the ball against their defense. We will have to play a flawless game on both sides of the ball."
* Coach Holtz said that freshman wide receiver Noah Whiteside has the ability to help the team right now, but still needs to get the different coverages down. "Noah is talented enough to contribute right now, but he needs to get the mental part of the game down."
* Offensive lineman Jeff Barnes learned Tuesday that his father, William, had suffered a stroke on Monday and was hospitalized near their home in Newnan, Ga.
* Deep snapper Ike Crofoot has an interesting neighbor back home in Orlando, Fla. -- none other than Shaquille O'Neal of the Los Angeles Lakers. "Shaq used to throw ball with me and my brothers when we were younger," said Crofoot. "He's really a cool guy and fun to be around."
GamecockPride.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More