Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Aggies Face Rebels in Oxford
This story originally published on
Aggie Websider Publisher
Posted Feb 27, 2013
The Texas A&M men’s basketball team hits the road this week for Oxford, Miss., where it will face Ole Miss inside Tad Smith Coliseum on Wednesday at 8 p.m. (CT). The Aggies and Rebels squared off earlier this month on Feb. 13 with Texas A&M earning a 69-67 victory at Reed Arena.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas — After a four-overtime thriller during its last outing, the
men’s basketball team hits the road this week for Oxford, Miss., where it will face
inside Tad Smith Coliseum on Wednesday at 8 p.m. (CT). The contest will be televised by CSS and CSN Houston. Additionally, fans with access to Watch ESPN or ESPN3 should be able to view the game on that platform.
The Aggies and Rebels squared off earlier this month on Feb. 13 with Texas A&M earning a 69-67 victory at Reed Arena. During the contest, A&M senior guard
exploded for a then-Reed Arena scoring record (men’s games only) 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting with a career-best seven 3-pointers. Turner’s record stood for just 10 days before the Sacramento, Calif., native outdid himself by scoring 38 points during the four-overtime loss to
Also enjoying a solid outing during the first meeting with the Rebels was senior forward
, who pulled down a season-best 13 rebounds while scoring eight points. Junior guard
added 13 points in the contest.
Ole Miss enters Wednesday’s match-up with a 20-7 overall record and possession of fourth place in the SEC standings with a 9-5 league mark. Junior guard Marshall Henderson, who went 4-for-11 from the floor during the first meeting between the teams, enters the game leading the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game. Teammate Murphy Holloway ranks ninth in the league in scoring at 14.5 points per game and second in rebounds at 9.4 boards per contest.
During the previous showdown with the Aggies, Ole Miss featured five players in double-figuring scoring and were led by Reginald Buckner’s 13.
TEXAS A&M-OLE MISS SERIES NOTES
• Wednesday will be just the third meeting between the Aggies and Rebels on the hardwood ... A&M owns a 2-0 lead in the all-time series between the schools.
• Earlier this month, on Feb. 13, the Aggies earned a 69-67 victory over the Rebels at Reed Arena ... A&M was led by a 37-point performance by Elston Turner.
• The first meeting between the schools came on Dec. 30, 1972, in Oklahoma City during the All-College Classic ... The Aggies prevailed with a 100-83 victory.
• During the last meeting between the Aggies and Rebels, senior guard Elston Turner set a new Reed Arena scoring record (men's games only) with 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting ... The record stood for just 10 days before Turner eclipsed his performance with a 38-point outing against Tennessee on Saturday.
• During the contest, the A&M defense was able to keep Rebel sharpshooter Marshall Henderson, who leads the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game, off balance and limited him to just 10 points on 4-of-11 shooting from the field.
• This season, Texas A&M is undefeated (14-0) in games decided in regulation when scoring 60 or more points.
• A key for the Aggies this season has been strong free throw shooting ... Texas A&M ranks second in the SEC with a .707 team free throw shooting percentage ... Elston Turner ranks as the league's third-best individual with a .822 free throw shooting percentage, while Fabyon Harris (who does not have enough attempts to rank among the SEC leaders) leads the Aggies with a .851 percentage from the line.
Aggies Lose on the Road to the Rebels
Feb 28, 2013
A&M Hoops Loses in Four OT's
Feb 24, 2013
Aggie Hoops Host Gamecocks
Mar 2, 2013
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from GamecockPride.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > Texas A&M
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft