Marshall Henderson scored 18 points and Murphy Holloway added 16 to lead Mississippi over Texas A&M…
Aggies Face Rebels in Oxford
The Aggies and Rebels squared off earlier this month on Feb. 13 with Texas A&M earning a 69-67 victory at Reed Arena. During the contest, A&M senior guard Elston Turner exploded for a then-Reed Arena scoring record (men's games only) 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting with a career-best seven 3-pointers. Turner's record stood for just 10 days before the Sacramento, Calif., native outdid himself by scoring 38 points during the four-overtime loss to Tennessee.
Also enjoying a solid outing during the first meeting with the Rebels was senior forward Ray Turner, who pulled down a season-best 13 rebounds while scoring eight points. Junior guard Fabyon Harris added 13 points in the contest.
Ole Miss enters Wednesday's match-up with a 20-7 overall record and possession of fourth place in the SEC standings with a 9-5 league mark. Junior guard Marshall Henderson, who went 4-for-11 from the floor during the first meeting between the teams, enters the game leading the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game. Teammate Murphy Holloway ranks ninth in the league in scoring at 14.5 points per game and second in rebounds at 9.4 boards per contest.
During the previous showdown with the Aggies, Ole Miss featured five players in double-figuring scoring and were led by Reginald Buckner's 13.
TEXAS A&M-OLE MISS SERIES NOTES
• Wednesday will be just the third meeting between the Aggies and Rebels on the hardwood ... A&M owns a 2-0 lead in the all-time series between the schools.
• Earlier this month, on Feb. 13, the Aggies earned a 69-67 victory over the Rebels at Reed Arena ... A&M was led by a 37-point performance by Elston Turner.
• The first meeting between the schools came on Dec. 30, 1972, in Oklahoma City during the All-College Classic ... The Aggies prevailed with a 100-83 victory.
• During the last meeting between the Aggies and Rebels, senior guard Elston Turner set a new Reed Arena scoring record (men's games only) with 37 points on 13-of-20 shooting ... The record stood for just 10 days before Turner eclipsed his performance with a 38-point outing against Tennessee on Saturday.
• During the contest, the A&M defense was able to keep Rebel sharpshooter Marshall Henderson, who leads the SEC in scoring at 19.7 points per game, off balance and limited him to just 10 points on 4-of-11 shooting from the field.
• This season, Texas A&M is undefeated (14-0) in games decided in regulation when scoring 60 or more points.
• A key for the Aggies this season has been strong free throw shooting ... Texas A&M ranks second in the SEC with a .707 team free throw shooting percentage ... Elston Turner ranks as the league's third-best individual with a .822 free throw shooting percentage, while Fabyon Harris (who does not have enough attempts to rank among the SEC leaders) leads the Aggies with a .851 percentage from the line.
GamecockPride.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Game Time Decisions
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner posts his big-name players to watch as they heal at the last minute before the games begin on Sunday. Philadelphia Eagles RB Darren Sproles (pictured…Read More
NFL Week 8: Previews and Predictions
Highly opinionated previews of every game. Are you ready for some insider info?Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More