In an effort to make the site even more user-friendly, GamecockAnthem.com has decided to provide a week in review.
So much happens here in a week’s time, it’s possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each week “The week that was” will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
This week, the feature is free, but it may be a premium item in the future.
Click the links below for further reading on the subjects and make sure you're clicking the "Latest News" tab at the top of the page for a full list of Gamecock Anthem's latest content.
On the Gridiron
- Summer II began July 2 as WR Shaq Roland, QB Brendan Nosovitch, WR Jody Fuller and RB Kendric Salley were all set to enroll at South Carolina and officially begin their Gamecock careers.
In Recruiting (Football)
- South Carolina commitments LB Larenz Bryant, LB Matt Rolin and DE Devin Washington all took part in the prestigious "The Opening" combine at the Nike World Headquarters in Oregon.
On the hardwood
- South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin picked up his first in-state commitment when Keenan (S.C.) class of 2014 PG Marcus Stroman committed to the Gamecocks last Monday.
- The Gamecocks look likely to add one final piece to the class of 2012. 6-foot-6 Montrose Christian (Md.) PF Michael Carrera visited South Carolina over the weekend and is expected to sign with the Gamecocks this week. He would take up the final scholarship the Gamecocks have to give for the 2012-13 season.
On the Diamond
- Last Monday, ace left-hander Michael Roth signed with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Angels selected Roth 297th overall in the ninth round of this year's Major League Draft.
- Former South Carolina right-handed pitcher Sam Dyson (2008-09-10) made his Major League debut with the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday, July 5 vs. the Royals. Dyson, a member of the 2010 national championship team, struck out one batter in 0.1 inning of relief. (From USC Media Relations)