In an effort to make the site even more user-friendly, GamecockAnthem.com has decided to provide a week in review.
So much happens here in a week’s time, it’s possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each week “The week that was” will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
This week, the feature is free, but it may be a premium item in the future.
Click the links below for further reading on the subjects and make sure you're clicking the "Latest News" tab at the top of the page for a full list of Gamecock Anthem's latest content.
On the Gridiron
- Then-South Carolina athletic director Eric Hyman announced his resignation from South Carolina on Friday. Hyman takes over the same position at Texas A&M.
- Texas A&M and Missouri officially became members of the SEC on Sunday.
- South Carolina announced that Ace Sanders, Connor Shaw, and D.J. Swearinger will represent the Gamecocks at SEC Football Media Days, July 17.
- South Carolina landed a commitment from Vance (Charlotte, N.C.) four-star LB Larenz Bryant last monday. The nation's No. 7 OLB, according to Scout, was one of the Gamecocks top overall target and chose them over offers from around the country.
- Wednesday, Bamberg-Ehrhardt (Bamberg, S.C.) class of 2014 TE/LB K.C. Crosby visited South Carolina.
- Last Saturday (June 23), South Carolina extended an offer to Conner (Burlington, Ky.) class of 2014 QB Drew Barker. Barker also has early tenders from Louisville, Cincinnati, Illinois, Purdue and Western Kentucky.
On the Diamond
- Friday, first baseman Christian Walker agreed to terms with the Baltimore Orioles for a reported $349,900, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
- Also Friday, closer Matt Price agreed to terms with the Orioles.
- Centerfielder Evan Marzilli signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks for $132,900, also on Friday.
- It was announced Saturday that South Carolina junior infielder LB Dantzler is one of eight players that will compete in the 2012 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby on Tuesday, July 3 at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha.